PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bedroom Makeover!!



I wish I had "before" photos to show you of our bedroom, but unfortunately, I forgot to take those!! Ugh!! But to enlighten you, our room was a dark green color on the bottom of the walls and a dark beige color on the top with white hand painted flowers and vines painted on the beige right above the green. UGLY!!! At least, I didn't like it. It had been like that since we moved into our house 4-1/2 years ago. I have been dying to redo our bedroom...at least paint it!!

So I set off to Lowe's while Tim was in Haiti and bought some paint! I actually picked a different color first, a greenish blue color, but man, it was nasty!! So back I went and found this color, Bird Song Blue! I love the color, it is very peaceful and really opens up our small bedroom.

I didn't really do too much to the room, as we live on a budget, of course. The furniture is the same, the bedspread is the same, I haven't painted the trim yet and we need new carpet, but this is a good start!

So here is what I did: Paint, Lowes. Lamps, Target. Curtains and Curtain Rods, Ikea. Shelf, Ikea. New white sheets and little blue pillows, Ikea. Other little decorations, Target and Ikea. For everything I paid about $260.00. It was actually more than I wanted to spend, but having my bedroom feel like my own, is priceless!!!

Have you redone a room lately? If so, leave your link, I would love to see it! Next for me is the living/kitchen area!!!


Photobucket


0 comments: