PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Are you a Smarty Pig?

I don't remember how I found SmartyPig, but I'm glad I did. I have to admit, I'm terrible at saving money...terrible... I'm a spender and unfortunately, so is my husband! We don't even have a Savings Account, we use an alternate checking account for saving, but nothing stays there... it's sad really. BUT 2011 is a new year and I'm trying to make a change for the better as far as saving goes (and paying off debt!).

So, I signed up for SmartyPig online and automatically have money taken out of our checking account 2 times a month. My first savings goal is a $1,000 Emergency Fund. You can see my little SmartyPig widget on my left sidebar and it will track my progress.

Anyway, the thing about SmartyPig that is cool is that you can share your savings goals with other people and even let them help you fulfill them! You can link with Facebook and then other people can see your goal and add to it without getting any of your account information!!! How cool is that? I thought it would be cool for a couple getting married and saving for the wedding or honeymoon or someone having a baby, a kid saving for college, anything like that!

SmartyPig is free to join and there are no fees to withdraw your money! In fact, you can actually earn money by using SmartyPig! You really need to go check it out for yourself....BUT WAIT...one of the ways you can earn money is by referring people. You can refer up to 100 people and earn $25 for each person!!! So...I would love to refer you if you are interested! There is no easy way to do that yet through their site except for sending an email...but they are working on it! So if you would let me refer you, I would really appreciate it so that I can add to my Emergency Fund! :) Just click on Contact Me at the top of my blog and send me an email asking me to refer you to SmartyPig! Please and Thank you! Then you can refer people you know and earn yourself some money too!

Photobucket

0 comments: