PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Grandpa....

Donald Eugene Canan Feb 2, 1923-Feb 2, 2007

Today would have been my Grandpa's 88th birthday...but he passed away 4 years ago on this day.  The top picture is me and my Grandpa when I was probably about 3 or 4 I think and the bottom one is my Grandpa, Me and my Grandma when I was around 22 I think.  I'm terrible with remembering dates....ugh.

Anyway, I just wanted to write a little post to remember my Grandpa because he was the BEST Grandpa ever.  He was the kindest man you could ever meet and he cared for and loved his family unconditionally.  Some of my best childhood memories are with him and my Grandma when I stayed with them in Florida over summer vacation.  My favorite was waking up in the morning to the smell of their coffee and walking out to the kitchen table where they would be reading the paper and finding that Grandpa already went out in the morning to get us Dunkin' Donuts donut holes!  I loved that!

I miss my Grandpa so much and always will!  Do you have a grandparent that you miss? 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs!!! Great memories. Yeah, I have four grandparents I miss a lot! Only one of them is alive and she lives too far away. :( We do email which is nice!!!